We offer consultancy services to universities, user associations, broadcasters, access service providers, film producers, governments and regulators all over the world.
We cover all the areas included in GALMA: live subtitling and respeaking, subtitling for hearing and deaf viewers, dubbing, voice-over, audiodescription, media interpreting, sign language interpreting and accessible filmmaking.
The two most demanded areas have so far been
- Live subtitling/respeaking: introduction and development of live subtitling through respeaking; the use of the NER model for quality assessment of intralingual live; subtitles; the use of the NTR model for quality assessment of interlingual live subtitles;
- Accessible filmmking: the theoretical and practical implications of integrating translation and accessibility into the film production process.
These are some examples of the partners we have worked with:
- United Nations: ITU
- USA: Federal Communications Commission (US government), Netflix
- Canada: Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (Canadian government)
- Australia: ACMA (Australian government), AiMedia
- Brasil: ABNT (Brazilian National Standards Organization)
- South Africa: North-West University
- Russia: RU Films
- United Kingdom: Ofcom (UK government), BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Five, Sky, Deluxe, Red Bee Media, TVT, Action on Hearing Loss, Archer’s Mark
- Sweden: Swedish Post and Telecom Authority (Swedish government), Stelacon
- Switzerland: Swiss TXT
- Germany: ARD (public broadcaster)
- Italy: RAI (public broadcaster), Subti
- Finland: Yle TV2 (public broadcaster)
- Spain: CESyA, TVE, MQD, Soni2